I will post again when I am done to show how the entire system works but the images below show progress so far:
|I replaced the nine 3-in caster wheels with three 5-in caster wheels to make the dome easier to rotate, and it worked!|
|The larger wheels were taller and they raised the dome above the wall! To fix I had to add a skirt to cover the gap (see next pic)|
|It might be hard to see but I added a "skirt" to the bottom of the dome using 4" vinyl wall molding. Not bad!|
Below you can see the building of the I/O board. I had to learn to solder, I had never done anything like that before. It was much fun.
|Here is my first prototype for the drive system. This might work!|
|I got lucky, went to the local bike store and the guy just gave this sprocket to me!|
There is much more to do but progress so far!